Monday, December 24, 2007

24 December 2007/ tree

This is the first one of these cell phone relay tower "trees" I photographed, although this is far from the first shot. It's located on the grounds of the Harbor Freeway Metro Station on South Figueroa St., but I first noticed it as it peeks over the edge of the elevated exit ramp from the 105 east to the 110 north. When I initially decided to photograph it I began by attempting to shoot it from below, near the metro station. But after repeated attempts I still didn't have a satisfactory shot, so I gave up on this one for a long time. Months later, however, I decided to shoot it the way I first saw it: from the exit ramp. After a few solo attempts at a drive-by shooting (bad idea) I wised up and recruited a driver, which allowed me to take the photo from the passenger seat. This photo is from April 2007.

No comments: